Saturday, August 15, 2009

God is Not Your Bitch

Pardon my french

The title is taken from Mark Morford's provocative article in the San Francisco Chronicle found here- http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/g/a/2009/07/24/notes072409.DTL

Read the article, please do it. It embodies a major complaint against all sorts of organized religion (even the kind "that's a relationship, not a religion"). Morford is very thought provoking, and I even agreed with him at a couple spots.

I had seen this video right before I read Morfords article, which happened to be a very personal, precise, and minute grace.


Tim Keller also has these incredible words on what it means to be a Christian, which provides a very fitting reply to Morford's complaint.

All three of these pieces helped me understand the infinite yet personal glory of God that works in the heavens, in the earth, and in our lives. It is time to worship

No comments:

Post a Comment